Getting a hard copy of an important document and storing it somewhere safe gives a peace of mind. Most businesses start using software to keep their important data, but after a while, they realize the importance of having a printer to store a hard copy of every document. This is the safest and most reliable method preferred for several purposes.
Even if you look at the need, school going kids usually need printers for assignments, printing essays they wrote on the computer and much more. The demand is increasing in India for printers. Other businesses that do legal work definitely require printers. You can find a range of printers based on the type and brand.
Each one has a specific feature regarding the printing quality, page format, type and much more. Printers usually provide a great value even if you are printing less than ten prints on a daily basis. After a period of six months and regular printing, you will be getting better productivity in office work, enhanced flow and more.
The demand for the printer is increasing regardless of technological advancements. If you run a business where you have to guide employees and have to mention everything through vocals, then a printer seems a handy choice. You can print a number of copies and distribute throughout the office, so everyone knows about it.
Imagining the type of uses seems like the hitherto daunting task while writing this post because there is no limit on the creative ways to get the advantage of printers. All those people who are buying printers will have a specific purpose, a dream to follow, or it might be a school assignment related use. The fact is, almost everyone needs a printer.
However, printers are available for a range of price points. You can find a printer for 3,000 INR, and it can go up to 20,000 for home and office use printer. The problem occurs when you are looking for a printer in a specific budget. Here, we understand the need and every small office wants to start with something reliable.
For instance, 5,000 INR is a pretty tight budget and figuring out the best model is hard in a limited variety.
To eliminate this issue, we did compare most-liked printers, which are within a price point of 5000 Rupees. After comparing all the products, we zeroed down the list to 8 best printers, which are equipped with smart features, provide genuine printing speed and offer you great after-sale services in the Indian market.
Let’s take a deep dive and explore the quality options that you are getting in 2020 in India –
1. HP DeskJet 2135 All-in-One Ink Printer
HP is one of the most liked brands in the Indian market for its great services, premium build quality and such a great design. HP Is taking over with their DeskJet 2135 All-in-One Ink printer. It packs a scanner, which allows you to photocopy document within a couple of minutes and the whole process seems flawless during the use.
This printer’s speed is 7.5 pages per minute for black and white; 5.5 pages for colour prints. The speed varies with the type of document and data you are opting for. The key factor to consider is printing cost, and it is absolutely cheap. You can find that it is easy to maintain one of the reliable printers which will provide great use.
Even if you look at the connectivity and drivers, it is compatible with Microsoft Windows and macOS. The convenient is going to make you get better use.
- Get colour prints with higher accuracy and great clarity.
- Build quality is premium, and it seems up to the mark for durability.
- HP is offering a scanner and copy feature for better convenience during the use.
- The recommended duty cycle of the printer is 1000 pages, and it is a great limit.
- It is slightly exceeding the budget you are looking for.
2. HP DeskJet 2131 All-in-One Inkjet Colour Printer
For reliable use, going with something very affordable seems a better option. You can choose HP DeskJet 2131 All-in-One Inkjet Colour Printer is perfect for the budget. Even, it costs way less than what you have planned for. The manufacturer is offering HP 803 Black Ink Cartridge in the box to enhance the quality of this deal.
You can also find that it is also an all-in-one printer so you can instantly scan, print, and copy documents. It has a USB connectivity option for better use. This is a value pack unit because you can go for colour and monoprints. The printing speed is slightly poor, but it can get the job done, and the duty cycle is also 300 per month, so it seems a great choice.
The all-white has an aesthetic look, and if you are looking for something handy, then this product will fulfill the need in an effective manner.
- Easy to use the printer with USB connectivity features.
- Simple and smart design with a compact size.
- Get a better convenience here with mono and colour prints.
- Build quality is sturdy and provides a better use.
- The printing speed is very low.
- The ink cartridge is expensive.
3. Canon MG2570S Multi-Function Inkjet Colour Printer
Canon has a no comparison in the quality segment of the industry, and their models are astonishing. So, the excellent build quality and premium in-hand feeling of Canon MG2570S Multi-Function Inkjet Colour Printer can get your attention. It is a great printer which supports macOS and Microsoft windows so you can expect a better use.
The design is impressive, and its all-black colour look gives an aesthetic look. You can go for mono as well as colour print option, which provides a higher rate of convenience during the use. The printing speed is genuine, and you can expect seven black and white prints in one minute where you can get four colour print in one minute.
It is a multi-functional printer, and you can scan documents like an all-in-one printer. All these features with one year of warranty ensure a better purchase.
- The build quality is sturdy, and it has a premium look.
- The printer is compact and takes less space on the table.
- You get to colour and mono prints option with this model.
- The price is affordable as you look for printing speed and functionality.
- It can be a better printer if the connectivity tools don’t take much time to load a command.
4. HP Deskjet 2621 All-in-One Wireless Colour Inkjet Printer
For a slightly expensive price point, you can find a range of options. Well, the same goes for HP Deskjet 2621 All-in-One Wireless Colour Inkjet Printer. It is a well-made printer by HP, and they are adding wireless connectivity features for such price point, which makes it one of the best deal as compared to the other option.
You can connect via Bluetooth, and use the USB cable for print commands. It is a voice-activated printer to save you extra power, and it is compatible with all kinds of operating systems that ensure a better use. The printing speed is decent, and it provides a genuine quality print. The only issue is the operating cost, which makes it slightly expensive for maintenance.
Apart from the using factor, the build seems great, and you are also getting a flatbed scanner for documents, and you can copy data also.
- Get a higher rate of convenience with Bluetooth connectivity.
- Compatible with a range of operating systems and smartphones.
- The design seems simple, but it packs all the important functions in one place.
- The print resolution and pixel density is 1200 x 1200 dpi for great use.
- The cost per print seems a bit expensive for long term use.
5. Canon PIXMA E477 All-in-One Wireless Ink Printer
Canon manufactures some good-looking printer, and if you want something highly reliable, then going with Canon PIXMA seems like the best choice. It provides a great value for money deal along with a better design. The compact and slim looking design makes it easy to place in a tight space.
The build quality is premium, but if you look at features for such a low price point, you will be stunned. It has wireless connectivity, and this feature is not a common one for such a low price. The second thing is the option to choose between mono and colour prints which allow you to save extra bucks per print.
The duty cycle is between 300 to 1000, so you can expect a better use and save extra bucks without any problem/
- Get a duty cycle between 300 to 1000 for convenient use.
- Connect your smartphone or PC wirelessly with this printer.
- The compact size and premium in-hand feeling make it look premium.
- The cost per print seems lower and prominent.
- Printing speed is slightly slower.
6. HP DeskJet 1112 Single Function Inkjet Colour Printer
Once again, HP is back in the list with their great quality HP DeskJet 1112 Single Function Inkjet Colour Printer. This series is quite old, and HP is manufacturing it from past two years. The best part about HP Deskjet 1112 is affordability. It is one of the most affordable printers in the whole list for sure.
It is offering you a single feature, and that is all about printing. But, you are getting the option for colour and monochrome prints. You can connect this printer instantly with a USB cable and start printing. The printing cost is cheap, and you can add a cartridge for long term use. The quality of the print is acceptable.
However, the printing speed is poor, and you can find issues aligning sheets properly to get a convenient use.
- It prints decent quality with a genuine pixel count.
- The build quality is acceptable and works fine.
- The cost of the printer is affordable on the whole list.
- Get colour and monochrome prints instantly.
- Takes a little time in connectivity.
- Printing quality is acceptable only, not a good-to-go option.
7. Ricoh SP 111 Jam-Free Monochrome Laser Printer
For a higher yield number, better printing quality and easier maintenance, going with a slightly expensive printer seem a great choice. Ricoh is one of the popular Japanese brands, and it is getting an increase in demand from the past several months. The first thing that you can notice is, it is actually exceeding the budget by a higher amount.
The build quality and design are not the major issue here because they look compact, easy to maintain and highly reliable. The only issue is, you are going to get laser prints, and there is no option for colour prints. If you want a monochrome laser printer and you can avoid getting a scanner, then this product is the best option in every single manner.
This printer is also going to provide better durability and low-cost printing at a higher speed also.
- This product prints at higher speed and gets you highly convenient use.
- The build quality is sturdy, and you can expect better durability.
- The quality of print from a laser printer is always astonishing.
- The design is smart, and you can expect faster connectivity.
- Laser printing is flawless and better in several manners.
- There is no scanner option, and you can’t print colours.
- The budget exceeds significantly with option.
8. HP DeskJet 2623 All-in-One Wireless Colour Inkjet Printer
The last product which can grab your attention and make you feel like a better choice is HP DeskJet 2623 All-in-One Wireless Colour Inkjet Printer. There are so many things that you can expect. The primary factor is a great and compact design. The second factor is, incredible printing speed as compared to the other option.
A third most important factor is the quality of the print is top-notch, and you will be getting the finest quality prints from this particular device which ensure better value for money deal. You can connect wirelessly to a PC or a smartphone and then start printing with ease. The higher rate of convenience is the primary thing here.
The voice command activation enhances the overall use, and it will allow you to turn it on and off based on the use.
- Get high-quality print at higher printing speed with this produce.
- The cost per print is economical and saves you lots of bucks.
- You are getting one year of warranty from the manufacturer here.
- You can activate this printer with the voice command and save electricity.
- You have to pay slightly extra amount as compared to the budget you have decided.
How to choose the best printer under 5000 Rupees in India?
Buyers usually get confused with type and key features of the printers. Choosing between inkjet and laser is hard to break deal for first-time buyers. So, it would be a better choice to figure out the essential factors. We divided this buying guide based on the type and mentioned all the common features that you should be looking after. Have a look –
- Type of Printers
Printers are of several types, but if you are talking about 5,000 INR budgets, it would be a better choice to explore the type. You can look between two types and check their traits to ensure that which one is more reliable for you. The types are –
- Inkjet– This type of printer is mainly used for the affordability factor. These printers come in both types, B&W and Colour. Both types are producing great quality prints for an economical price point. There is an ink cartridge that you can replace time to time and the smart software alert with warming when the ink is about to finish. The quality of the print is acceptable and fulfil the need.
- Laser – A laser toner is used in the production of finest quality prints with better pixel count in every single inch. Higher the number of pixel mean better the quality and it definitely reflects in whatever you are doing. When you are using a laser printer, you are about to pay the slightly extra price for the mechanism, but the prints will be astonishing. It is significantly better in quality than inkjet.
Both types of printers are durable where inkjet provides great durability of 3 years, but the laser toner printers are offering four years of lifespan. You can replace a few parts and increase the durability without any problem.
- All in One Printer or a Standard Printer
There are several types of printers, and if you are looking for higher functionality, an all-in-one printer is a great choice. It allows you to scan documents and copy into the computer. If you want to photocopy any file, you get the option, and it seems effective for the price point. Most people think that they won’t be using a scanner, but it definitely plays an important role. And having something extra seems like a handy choice. Getting a scanner with printer means you are paying slightly extra bucks, but it will worth what you are spending.
- Printing Cost
Even if you are selecting a specific type, every printer manufacturer uses a smart way to print with less ink usage. The colour profile varies, and the print quality changes. It directly affects the cost per print factor, and a genuine printer can get you as low as seven paisa-per-print for a black and white copy. The cost for a colour print is around 30 paisa-per-print, and it can get as low as 17 paise with specific models. So, the cost varies, and you can find it in the description section of the product.
- Colour or Monochrome
For a day to day office use, the monochrome printer seems perfect and fulfils the need. But, when it comes to versatile usability, you definitely need a printer which can get you colour prints. To figure out the right type, you have to look after the need. By this method, you can fulfil the job in an effective manner. In case you are not sure about the usability, then go for a versatile printer that allows you both kinds of use. It will save you extra bucks and provide better use.
- Dimension of Printer
Printers available in the price point of 5000 INR have a large dimension. They provide a reliable use, but if you lack in space, then you need something compact and reliable. Comparing a few top brands and checking the printer’s dimension will help grab the best deal. You can save extra bucks with the purchase of small-sized printers, and they are also going to fulfil the need in an effective manner. Due to this reason, you should not avoid the dimension.
- Reputed Brand
Choosing a well-liked and reputed brand seems like the best choice. You can save extra bucks from repair cost because popular brands’ printer won’t have much issue. You can get them repaired in a couple of days, and they can serve you a better need. The key factor to consider during the selection time is after-sale services. A genuine brand has great customer support with a network of the repair shop to fulfil the need in an effective manner. They will be offering you a better value for money deal.
Buying a printer that doesn’t have any warranty policy means it can be a cheap quality product and the manufacturer is also unsure about the durability. So, it would be better to get a printer which is durable and provide a value for money deal. Always seek for one year of warranty at least, and if you are looking for a printer under 5,000 INR, there are few brands to fulfil the need. You can choose from the reputed brands and assure a long period with great after-sale services in the town.
- Bluetooth connectivity (Optional)
Choosing printers that allow users to connect without the help of cable seems like the best option. However, if you are looking for a great value for money deal in a price point of five thousands, you better stick to quality over these fancy features. Most manufacturers can get you amazing quality features like Bluetooth connectivity for a price point of eight grand rupees, and it is hard to find a quality printer with wireless connectivity for such a low price point.
All the Microsoft Windows users can feel free about the compatibility factor because most printers work perfectly with Microsoft operating system. But, if you are using Mac OS, then you have to be careful. Few models are not supporting MacOS, and you have to get plenty of driver tools to use the printer. Even after such efforts, flawless usability seems like the hardest thing to expect. The best thing that you can do in such a situation is to look for the compatibility feature in advance.
- Duty Cycle
People who want to get a printer for intense use where you will be printing more than 30 pages in a day for a long time then a normal printer can not take the load. The problem is with heating, and you can find that printers have a duty cycle of 300 prints in a month and it can go up to 1000 pages. So, you have to be selective here to get a convenient and reliable use. Due to this, we suggest you consider duty cycle and print yield to learn more about it in depth.
Checking review will help you get a reliable printer, and if you are looking for the best one, you should stay selective. If you are not sure if a printer is reliable or you have a concern about the manufacturer, then checking a range of reviews will give you a clear idea about the quality of the product. Learning about the flaws of a printer seems easier from the reviews that’s why you can consider it as the most reliable method in all kind, and it can fulfil your need in an effective manner.
The Final Verdict
Printers are great for small office and school going kids. When the budget is low, being specific with the type of printer and functionality is important. All the products that we selected are from reputed brands, and they are good at what they are made for. You can find many other reliable options out of this list, but this list features the best in all kinds, which can save you money.
We picked HP DeskJet 2135 All-in-One Ink printer because of its great functionality, in-built features and smart design. The price is also affordable so you can get a reliable deal with this printer. We hope that this guidepost will help you select the best printer under 5000 rupees and having great use.