Printers are used by us on daily basis and have made our work easier. They are used widely around office spaces, schools, and homes too. While earlier the functions of printers were limited, they have become very versatile currently. In addition to printing, they also provide various other functions like copying and scanning.
Earlier generations of printers were very basic and crude. They were heavy and also took up a lot of space. They were called dot matrix printers and created images and characters by striking an ink-soaked ribbon against the paper. They were followed by the second generation of printers called the inkjet printers. They work by spraying tiny droplets of ink on paper to make characters and images. They were faster and better than the dot matrix printers and also produced better quality images. These are widely used around all major offices and academic establishments as they produce decent image quality at an affordable price. The best of the lot are laser printers. These printers are the latest generation of printers and use advanced components to produce exceptional quality images. It uses an electrostatic digital process to produce images. A laser beam is passed over a negatively charged drum to produce good quality images.
Although laser printers produce the best quality images and text, they do have some drawbacks. They are quite expensive and require a significant amount of initial investment. They can be tricky to operate and require an experienced person to do so. The spares and maintenance of these printers are expensive too. But despite this, laser printers are all the rage right now and hence you will need a guide to select the best laser printer for you. In our list of best laser printers under RS 20000, we will show you the best laser printers you can find on sale in India.
TOP 10 BEST LASER PRINTERS UNDER RS 20000
- HP Laserjet M1005 laser printer.
- HP Laserjet Pro M126nw laser printer
- Canon MF3010 laser printer
- HP Laserjet Pro M1136 laser printer.
- HP 1020 Plus laser printer
- Laserjet P1108 HP laser printer
- Canon MF244DW Digital laser printer
- HP Neverstop Multi-Function Direct laser printer
- Samsung M2876 Multi-Function laser printer
- Brother DCP L-2541DW laser printer.
HP Laserjet M1005 Laser Printer
- Printer type - LaserJet; Functionality - Multi-Function (Print, Scan, Copy), Scanner type - Flatbed; Printer Output - Black & White only
- Connectivity - USB ; 2 inch LCD display
- Pages per minute - 14 ; Cost per page - Rs 1.4 - As per ISO standards
- Ideal usage - Enterprise/Business, Frequent users (for fast, high quality printing)
- Page size supported - A4, A5, B5, C5, C6, DL, postcard ; Duplex Print - Manual ; Print resolution - Up to 600 x 600 DPI
HP is a trusted brand among consumers and they make a variety of products. Their printers are very popular for their reliability and quality. This same quality and reliability can be seen in its Laserjet line-up of laser printers. The Laserjet M1005 printer is also one of the most popular printers in the Laserjet series. It is a perfect heavy-duty printer and can is used in spaces with a huge workload. It is a multi-functional printer and can also scan and photocopy documents.
The printer is capable of producing high-quality prints with ease.
It is the perfect printer for bulk printing as the speed of printing is 14 pages per minute. Although the printer is black and white, the images are of good quality. As specified by the ISO standards, the printing cost per page is 1.4 rupees. A4, A5, B5, C5, C6, DL are all the page sizes that are supported in the printer. It is recommended that the printer prints a maximum of 50000 pages per month. It is the recommended safe duty cycle. The scanner has a resolution of 1200DPI.
- Weight – 8.2 kg
- Functions – Print, Scan, Copy
- Printing Speed – 14ppm
- Connectivity – USB
- Warranty – 1 Year
- Price on amazon- 20,263
HP Laserjet Pro M126nw
- RELIABLE HP QUALITY - Print, Scan, Copy effortlessly with the HP multifunction Laser MFP 126NW; Print speeds Upto 20 PPM
- RELIABLE CONNECTIVITY - Enjoy seamless connectivity; print from a variety of smartphones and tablets with Wi-Fi Direct
- EASY TO SETUP, EASY TO USE - Simple setup, Print & Scan from your phone, with the HP Smart app.
- PROVEN TRACK RECORD - Bestseller, robust, shar quality and MFP from legendary 88A platform
- EASILY SHARE RESOURCES – Access and Print with wireless networking.
The second entry on our list is another one from HP. They are well known for their reliable quality products. The Laserjet Pro M126nw is no exception. It is one of the most popular products in their series of laser printers. These printers are known for their reliability and quality.
The M126nw is a black and white laser printer. It has Ethernet and USB connectivity and also has a wireless connectivity facility. The printer has a small LCD display that displays all the vitals of the device. Along with printing, you can also scan and photocopy documents on this device. The printer has a duty cycle of eight hundred pages per month. The printer is capable of printing twenty pages per minute. As per the ISO standards, the cost per page is RS 2. The printer supports A4, B5, A5, and envelope size pages. These features make it one of the best printers in our list of best laser printers under 20000 rupees. It is the best printing solution for small office spaces and school students as well.
- Pages per minute – 20 pages
- Connectivity – wireless, USB, HP ePrint app, ethernet,
- Page size – Envelopes, postcards. A4, A5, B5.
- Duty Cycle supports up to 8,000 pages/ month.
- Price on amazon 16,999
- Toner Cartridge- Cartridge 925
- Print, Scan, Copy Monochrome Laser, Up to 18 ppm (A4), Print resolution: 600 x 600dpi
- Standard Interface- USB 2.0
- Scan Resolution - Optical: Up to 600 x 600dpi
- LCD Display- 7 Segment (1 digit) LED
Since its inception in 1997, Cannon has been a world leader in imaging technologies. They have an extensive lineup of products and provide good quality devices like cameras and printers. This quality and reliability are reflected in their MF3010 laser printer. This printer is a monochrome (Black & White) laser printer. It is the perfect printer for small offices and for students. It comes from the trusted series of ImageClass printers. The MF3010 is a multi-function printer and can print, copy and scan documents. It is suitable for everyday and heavy usage. The printer has a 7 digit display screen that displays the vitals. The monthly duty cycle is around 8000 pages for this printer and it can print 18 pages in one minute.
Although the printer is pretty decent and offers great value for money, it does have some minor cons. To save cost, some essential features have been skipped in this machine. It does not come with an automated document feeder which is a common feature in most printers. Also, WIFI connectivity is not available in this printer which means no print from anywhere option for users.
- Monthly Duty Cycle: 8,000 pages.
- Weight: 8kgs.
- Standard Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed.
- Copy Type: Monochrome Laser.
- Resolution priority mode: 600 x 600dpi.
- Price on Amazon 14,449
- HP Laserjet Pro M1136
- RELIABLE HP QUALITY - Print, Scan, Copy effortlessly with the HP multifunction Laser MFP 1136; Print speeds Upto 18 PPM
- PROVEN TRACK RECORD - Bestseller, robust and MFP from legendary 88A platform
- BEST PRINTING QUALITY - Produce sharp text, bold blacks and crisp graphics.
- USER INTERFACE - Intuitive Smart User Interface; Quick and easy printing
- EASY TO SETUP, EASY TO USE - Simple, hassle- free setup
Our fourth printer is another one from the house of HP. HP is a well-known brand all over the globe and is loved by customers. This printer also belongs to the LaserJet series of printers by HP.
The M1136 is a multi-function printer with the facility of copy and scan also. It is a monochrome laser printer from the LaserJet series of printers. It has a high duty cycle of up to 8000 pages per month. The printer is claimed to print 20 pages in one minute. Also as per the ISO standards, the cost per print is rupees 2 only. A variety of page sizes can be printed in this printer which includesA4, A5, B5, C5, C6, DL, and postcard size prints. The printer has an in-built memory of about 8 MB. The top of the printer houses a small screen that has a small dual-digit LED display. This display shows all the necessary information about the printer. USB connectivity option is provided in this printer. As is the case with most of the printers in the market, this one comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Pages per minute – 18 pages.
- Connectivity – USB.
- Page size – C6, DL, Postcard, A4, A5, B5, C5.
- Duty Cycle (Maximum monthly recommended prints) – Supports up to 8,000 pages per month.
- Price on Amazon 14,778
HP 1020 Plus
- Product 1: Printer Type - LaserJet; Functionality - Single Function (Print only); Printer Output - Black & White only
- Product 1: Connectivity - USB, Power: Input voltage 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz), 3.5 amps; 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz), 2 amps" ; "Compatible Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows XP Home; Windows XP Professional
- Product 1: Pages per minute - 14 pages ; Cost per page - Rs 1.4 - As per ISO standards
- Product 1: Ideal usage - Enterprise/Business, Frequent users (for fast, high quality printing)
- Product 2: Super White 70 gsm Premium Quality Copier Paper with Double-side printing. Quick-Dry and Colour-Fix technology for better printing output. Smooth movability in printers
The fifth spot on our list is once again occupied by a device that comes from the world of Hewlett-Packard. The 1020 Plus unlike other printers in this list is a single function printer only.
This is a fairly inexpensive monochrome single-function printer made by HP. The quality of printed texts and characters is fairly good. The graphic print quality may not be up to the mark but the quality of text prints is decent. It has a 150 sheet input tray with manually adjustable guides for more adjustability. This makes the printer a really good option for people looking for an inexpensive printing solution for home or small workspaces and schools. The expense for ink as well as routine maintenance is very low. As per the ISO standards, the cost of printing one page is 1.4 rupees.
As it is a single-function monochrome printer, it comes with a single toner cartridge. The printer can be connected to the laptop or desktop via a USB. Wi-Fi has been skipped to save cost which is the main focus of this printer. This printer is excellent for someone who prints text material on daily basis.
- Pages per minute – 14 pages.
- Duty Cycle – Up to 5,000 pages per month.
- Connectivity – USB.
- Page size supported – C5, DL, postcards, A4, A5, A6, B5.
- Price on Amazon 10,690
HP LaserJet P1108
- Printer Type - LaserJet ; Functionality - Single Function (Print Only); Printer Output - Black & White only
- Connectivity - USB
- Compatible Laser Toner - HP 88A Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge; Page Yield - 1500 pages ; Comes with HP Black LaserJet Toner cartridge
- Warranty - 1 year from the date of purchase
- Pages per minute - 18 pages ; Cost per page - Rs 2 (Black & White) - As per ISO standards
Once again we have a printer from the world of HP. As we have mentioned earlier, HP is well known for its services all over the world. They have been making imaging devices for a very long. This one is another such from HP.
The HP P1108 is a printer from the LaserJet series. It operates on a dry toner powder. It is a monochrome laser printer from HP. It is a basic and single-function printer with no option for scanning and printing. The printer is capable of printing 18 pages per minute. As per the standards given by ISO, this printer has a cost per print of 2 rupees. It is a well-built printer and has a good overall design. The duty cycle of the P1108 is around 5000 pages per month. HP is a recognized brand and they have built an amazing printer. USB is the only type of connectivity option that this printer supports. The printer is considerably fast and easy to use. The printer is also capable of supporting the manual duplex operation.
- Pages per minute – 18 pages.
- Connectivity – USB.
- Page size supported – A4; A5; A6; B5; postcards, envelopes (C5, DL, B5).
- Duty Cycle – Up to 5,000 pages per month.
- Price on Amazon 15,011
Canon MF244DW Digital laser printer
- Printer Type- Laser, Functionality- All-in-One (Print, Scan, Copy); Printer Output- Mono (Black)
- Connectivity- USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, Canon PRINT Business, Canon Print Service, Google Cloud Print, Apple AirPrint, Mopria; Display panel- 6.9cm BW LCD
- Compatibility:(32 / 64bit) Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista,Windows Server 2012 R2 (64bit),Windows Server 2012(64bit),Windows Server 2008 R2(64bit),Windows Server 2008,Windows Server 2003 R2,Windows Server 2003,Mac OS X(*4) 10.6.8~, Linux(*3)
- Pages per minute -Up to 27ppm (A4) ; FPOT- 6.0s ;Print Language- UFR II LT, PCL 6; Device Memory- 512MB; Duplex-Yes
- Ideal usage - Office; Monthly Duty Cycle- 15000 pages
Cannon makes some pretty good imaging equipment and this printer is no exception. Landing on the seventh spot on our list is the MF244DW which is a digital laser printer from Canon. Cannon has operations worldwide and are known for their quality equipment and after-sales services.
The MF244DW is an all-in-one digital laser printer that has multiple options like scanning, printing, and copying. This printer has a good quality documents scanner as well as a photocopying function. This printer also supports multiple connectivity options like USB and Wi-Fi. This is a pretty well-made printer and has a good overall design. The fit and finish are good and the printer is robust. It has good internals as well. It has a fast printing speed of 27 pages per minute. For a monochrome print, the cost of a single print is 3 rupees. The prints are of good quality as well. The printer is suitable for heavy usage and has an amazing duty cycle of 15000 pages per month. The output that this printer offers is pretty good compared to other printers in a similar price bracket. Cannon has advised their customers to use genuine Canon ink because the use of the ink from any other third-party manufacturer can cause the printer to malfunction.
- Pages per minute -Up to 27ppm (A4).
- Connectivity- USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, Canon Print Service, Google Cloud Print, Canon PRINT Business, Apple AirPrint, Mopria.
- Page size supported-A4, B5, A5, Legal, Executive, Government Letter, Government Legal, Letter, Statement, Foolscap, Indian Legal Custom (Minimum 76.2 x 210mm to Maximum 216 x 356mm).
- Duty Cycle- 15000 pages.
HP Neverstop Laser Printer
- Printer type: Laser; Functionality:All-in-one (Print,Scan and Copy), output : B/W
- Ideal usage: Home and Office, included components: Power Cord ,Print resolution: Up to 600 x 600 dpi , Duty cycle: Up to 20,000 pages
- Connectivity: USB, Wireless,WiFi-Direct, Print with mobile
- Compatible Ink Cartridge - HP 103A Blk Neverstop Toner Reload Kit ; Page Yield - 5000 pages - ISO standards
- Page Size Supported : A6; A5; A4; Letter; No.10 Env; C5 Env; DL Env; B5(JIS); 105 x 148.5 mm to 215.9 x 297 mm, Duplex (Automated 2-sided printing): Manual), Input tray capacity : Up to 150 sheets, Output tray capacity: Up to 100 sheets
HP has dominated this list and that is for a good reason. They make very good quality printers that provide good quality prints at and reasonable price. They have an excellent after-sales service and their products are built to last.
HP Neverstop is another great printer built by the manufacturer. It has all the functions that are required in a printer along with good after-sales service from HP. This printer has all the major connectivity options like USB, Wi-Fi, Smart App, and other major printing applications that are supported on android and apple devices. It is a multifunctional printer with the ability to print, scan and copy. It also has a special ID copying function which is super useful. Setting up and using this printer is also very easy. The HP Smart App is also user-friendly and helps in day-to-day use. It also has a unique reload kit.
This printer also has a decent printing speed which should suffice the needs of most users. Nevertheless, it is another great product from HP.
- High-speed USB 2.0 Connectivity
- Quickly Restore Toner Levels
- 20,000-page drum life
- Reload kit – 15-seconds mess-free self-re-loadable toner
- Save time with faster print speeds
- Present a favorable impression with high-quality prints
- Produce sharp copies and scans with clear text and images
- Produce more types of documents with support for heavy media
- Keep costs down with economical separated toner system
Samsung is renowned for its wide product range. They build televisions, smartphones, laptops, monitors, and various other electronics. They also make very good quality imaging equipment and also build very good printers. Our 9th entry is a printer from a South Korean manufacturer.
This is a good quality printer and has a pretty attractive design. It fits perfectly on a desk and takes up a little amount of space. It looks good and overall has a very good design and build quality. It is a multi-functional printer and has the ability to scan, copy and print documents. The scanning feature is decent and easy to use. It can be connected to a device through USB, Ethernet, Apple AirPrint, or google cloud print. It has a 2 line 16 characters panel which is LCD. It displays all the vital information on the printer. It has an above-average duty cycle of 12000 prints per month which is decent for its price. It has a copying speed of 20 pages per minute. Overall, it is a good quality printer and is good for students and home applications.
- Print Speed Mono: 28 ppm
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4): 15000 pages.
- Connectivity – USB.
- Media size supported A4, A5, A6, Letter, Legal, Executive, Folio, Oficio, ISO B5, JIS B5, and Envelope.
Brother DCP L-2541DW laser printer
Brother is a company from China that made sewing machines. They also make pretty good quality printers that are easy on the wallet. This once has secured a spot on our list of the best laser printers under 20000. This printer is a well-made printer and offers good output. It also offers features that are not seen in this price bracket. This makes this printer a direct competition to the printers from reputed brands like HP and Canon.
This is a multifunction all-in-one printer. It gives the ability of scanning, print, and copying of documents. It is a monochrome laser printer. It offers connectivity features like Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet, and various internets based applications. It also has a small 2 line 16 characters LCD display which displays all the necessary information about the printer. As per the ISO standards, the cost per print is around 1.5 Rupees. The printer can print a maximum of 30 pages per minute. It is an excellent printer for fast and high-quality printing requirements.
- Pages per minute – 30 pages.
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet, App.
- Page size supported – Executive, Legal, Folio, A4, Letter, A5, A5 (Long Edge), A6,
- Duty Cycle – 10,000 pages a month.
- Price On Amazon 19,999
Printers are required and used on a daily basis in all office spaces, academic organizations, government organizations, and home applications. They are a basic requirement in any organization that we see every day. As time has passed, printing has become more and more affordable and cheap. The quality of printing has also improved drastically as imaging and printing technology has developed. All this has made printers accessible to the common man. Students can also afford to avail good quality printing facilities which are essential for them. Small enterprises can also afford to buy and manage printers. This makes us realize how important they are in our day-to-day work.
Choosing a printer can be a difficult task and as it requires a significant amount of investment, this decision must be made wisely. Therefore to help you in this tedious task, we have made this list of the best laser printers under rupees 20000 in India. Our list will tell you all the important things to need to know while buying a printer for your usage.
- Which brand makes the most reliable laser printer?
Canon makes good quality printers that are reliable too. They are well known for their imaging technologies and equipment all over the world. They also provide good after-sales service for all their products. The Canon MF244DW Digital laser printer is one of the most reliable digital laser printers in the market.
- How long does a laser printer last?
The components used in a laser printer are pretty robust and well made. If used well, the laser printer can last up to five years. Most brands also provide a warranty of 1 year with their laser printers.
- Which printer is better among HP and Brother?
The printers from brother are expensive to buy initially but the quality of the product is exceptional. For longer and heavy-duty usage, Brother provides better printing solutions to its customers. On the other hand, HP provides economical and good quality products that are easy to use. They also provide great after-sales service.
- Are laser printers better than inkjet printers?
Laser printers are faster and provide a better image quality than inkjet printers. They are also built for heavy usage and longer use. When compared to an inkjet printer, they cost significantly higher and have a higher cost of repairs and service.
For higher usage, it is advisable to buy laser a printer.